I enjoy working with software development, not only because it’s my livelihood, but it’s also my hobby. When you encounter people with positive attitudes and experience in the field, this always translates into a positive influence on both technological and personal development.
I am a Software Engineer with an unbridled passion for software development. I have been an integral part of numerous renowned IT companies for over two decades. I am working as Fullstack Developer with focus on Backend development and have specialized in IoT.
Leveraging my expertise in business, technical and project management, I’ve worked with some of the best minds in the field on full-scale projects.
Area of Interest
I believe in continuous learning, so I try to improve my skills on areas like Services, Integration, Enterprise Architecture, Research and Development of IoT (pervasive projects, IoT solution and architecture).
That being said, I love creating new software, solving challenges and learning new stuff.
Goals and Vision
My short-term goal is to continue enjoying programming and learning new things to improve my skills in enterprise architecture direction.
My long-term goal is to achieve a Tech manager/CTO role, where I can use my technological, life, business knowledge and experience.
At some point I want to become an Independent Consultant, Investor, technological and/or business partner for new startups. That being said, if you have a good idea for a startup, you are always welcome to get in touch with me. I have successfully been a partner and CTO of TRUEMAX academy and MocapHouse startup project.
Basically speaking, my main motivation is based on who I meet and what I do.
- Who I meet: People with positive attitudes and sport spirit inspire me. It is important to meet people that share similar values and have good social relations.
- What I do: It is important that the things I do give meaning and I can go back and tell good stories about what I am doing.
- What I learn: I enjoy doing things that improve my learning, things that enhance my way of thinking, things that improve technical and personal skills, things that make a difference. In short, it’s about enjoying what I do and having fun.
- What I paid: The least priority in list but also most important thing is that when you sell your time you expect to get some thing for it so you can pay your life expenses and feel confident where you work.
I am solution- and results-oriented by nature. My ultimate wish is to have freedom with responsibility and flexibility with focus on results.
In my leisure time I do different programming-related stuff (Github), participate in Stackoverflow.com, review some of the cool books from (Manning publisher), read books, pursue amateur photography, build a new smart-home cloud-based IoT project and of course maintain my personal website ITBackyard when time allows.
I have many ideas, but I try to maintain a balance in my spare time so I have time to spend with my supportive wife, three kids and family.
If you´d like to find out more…
Recent successful projects
Leveraging my extensive knowledge within electronics, web development, software engineering, pervasive computing with business and project management skills, I have successfully undertaken numerous projects. The most recent among them include:
Full Identity Provider Solution for Client
I have also beside that worked on existing Identity Server 4 Admin UI and implemented with the above mentioned solution.
Services Development for Noitso A/S
- PEP (Politically Exposed Person) component
- Geomatic component
- KMD tinglysning/bbr component
- Internal developed Monitor service software and API
- This includes maintenance, upgrades and developing new stuff
- Served customers such as Hi3G, Oister, JyskeFinans, Telenor, UnoX, Simbo.
Noitso A/S provide services and develops solutions like credit scoring for financial and bank sector.
IELS: Indoor Equipment Location System
A Master Thesis research project about Indoor Asset Localization and Tracking using iBeacon and Android phone as crowd-sensing.
GuideBelt: Bluetooth-based Indoor Navigation for the Visually Impaired
A research project in coordination with Alexandra Institute and Ibos. This project involved the creation of an indoor navigation system for the visually impaired using Bluetooth and mobile technologies. The project involved elements of Bluetooth signal analysis and processing, Android development and usability engineering.
WET extractor for IT University during position as Teaching Assistant
Software to download and extract up to 9Tb data from Amazon S3 and parse the content including filtering process. The software will generate a file that can be used for a Search Engine. This software was made for Programming Workshop during a position as Teaching Assistant in IT University.
Here is a list of my recent work experience:
- Backend Software Developer (.NET stack), Noitso A/S (Oct. 2017 – present)
- Teaching Assistant, IT University of Copenhagen (Aug. 2016 – June 2017)
- Freelance Web Developer beside my study, UpWork (Jan 2014 – June 2016)
You are welcome to learn more by visiting my LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/maythamfahmi/ or contact me.